Location: Wainui Farm
Founded in 1877, the North Australian Pastoral Company (NAPCo) is a leader in Australia’s cattle industry, operating 13 cattle stations across QLD and the NT. Integral to our operations, is an award-winning Feedlot and Farm situated in Wainui (between Toowoomba and Dalby). Our Farm is spread across 4600ha with 1254 ha of irrigation, where we grow and harvest corn, cotton, wheat, barley and sorghum crops.
We are now looking for an experienced Farmer to join our team at Wainui, in a permanent full-time opportunity.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Farm Manager, you will join a small team who are dedicated to maintaining safe and sustainable farming practices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking varied farming duties
- Operating farm machinery to prepare, plant and harvest field crops (corn, cotton, barley, wheat, and sorghum)
- Undertaking water harvesting duties
- Irrigating crops
- Mixing and applying herbicide and insecticides by using broadacre spraying equipment
- Adhering to all HSE requirements and operating equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Determining machine maintenance requirements and undertaking pre-start/shut-down procedures
- Demonstrating due regard for all company assets
- Ensuring work is prioritised and carried out in a timely manner to meet planned deadlines
Is this you?
To be successful in this position you will:
- Hold a Heavy Combination (HC) Drivers Licence
- Have a minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Have good farming knowledge and a high attention to detail in all aspects of farming operations
- You will be proficient in the use of farm machinery (tractors and sprayers)
- Be mechanically minded and have experience with GPS
- Be committed to working safely in accordance with NAPCo’s HSE policies and procedures
- Be reliable, honest and hard-working, with a willingness to learn and a passion for farming
- Be comfortable working autonomously and unsupervised
- Permanent full-time position
- A competitive day rate
- You will be provided with accommodation in an air-conditioned, 3-bedroom house, located on the property – suitable for a single person, a couple or a family
Prior to commencement, all candidates are required to undertake an Australian National Police Check and are also required to be vaccinated against Q Fever (all associated costs covered by NAPCo).
For more information, please contact Lucie Cook on 0429 399 630 or email email@example.com